From. U.S. Senator Dr. Roger Marshall's office...
U.S. Senator Roger Marshall, M.D. recently appeared on Newsmax to discuss the origins of COVID-19 and viral gain-of-function research. The interview comes on the heels of Senator Marshall releasing a multi-step path forward on getting to the bottom of the origins of COVID-19 and holding China accountable for its actions surrounding the earliest days of the outbreak. In the interview, Senator Marshall said in part,
“We think that we can prove the origins of COVID started in a lab in Wuhan if we can look at these precursors to what became COVID-19. We think the grandparents, the relatives of that virus will be found in these data banks. We have given China a year and a half to find some type of an intermediate species or prove to us that it came from nature. So far, it’s all empty. So we think that these genetic lab banks will have the answer and can show us the relatives. And indeed it looks like going way back to maybe 2011, that Dr. Fauci was funding viral gain-of-function research on a SARS virus. And then we taught Dr. Shi how to manipulate these viruses, and eventually she took that knowledge and made the COVID-19 virus in her laboratory. That’s what it looks like.”
You may click HERE or on the image below to watch Senator Marshall’s full interview.
In June, Senator Marshall wrote to the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) demanding answers on possible COVID-19 infections of U.S. Army troops who participated in the 2019 World Military Games that took place in Wuhan, China from October 18-28, 2019. Following completion of the games, athletes from numerous participating countries reported experiencing symptoms similar to those associated with COVID-19.
Senator Marshall has penned several op-eds on COVID origins. You may click on the links below to view them:
· FOX News – April 7, 2020: China's coronavirus reckoning – act now to end US dependency for drugs, medical supplies
· FOX News – May 22, 2020: WHO desperately needs reform – here’s how to protect global health now
· Washington Times – March 2, 2021: WHO must actually demonstrate independence from China
· FOX News – May 13, 2021: The COVID-19 mystery – we've lost 3 million lives and critical questions need answers
In January 2020, then Congressman Marshall was the first member of Congress to sound the alarm on the House floor about the spread of COVID-19. As a physician, he would later go on to serve on the frontlines as a volunteer treating patients in Wyandotte County and Seward County.
· Few heroes to be found in Washington amid coronavirus finger-pointing (Washington Times)…Rep. Roger Marshall, Kansas Republican and a medical doctor, five days later became the first to broach the virus on the House floor. He thought the information he heard coming out of China sounded fishy, and he wanted to sound the alarm…