Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the staff at Clara Barton Hospital and Clinics have been working around the clock to ensure the safety of both our patients and our staff. At this time there are NO confirmed cases of the coronavirus in Barton County, but we are continually monitoring the guidelines set forth by the KDHE and CDC to ensure we are adequately prepared if a member of our community contracts the virus. We will continue to keep you informed of the latest updates and procedures being implemented at Clara Barton to better protect you, your family, patients, and Clara Barton Employees.
As of March 26, 2020, please be aware of the following:
- We are currently limiting visitors to one visitor at a time per patient. Children under 12 will not be allowed to visit at this time. This is subject to change as the virus continues to spread throughout the state.
- Patients/visitors arriving at both Clara Barton Hospital or any Clara Barton Medical Clinic will be met at the door by a Clara Barton staff member who will immediately initiate a screening. Please be sure to stop and allow for these screening procedures, as it will assist us in determining if the patient/visitor has symptoms of the coronavirus. The staff member may ask you to put on a mask. If you are asked to wear a mask, please do so in order to protect both yourself and other patients.
- The front door to Clara Barton Hospital will be unlocked from 6 AM – 6 PM. Upon arrival you will be screened by a CBH staff member. From 6 PM – 6 AM the hospital doors will remain locked. Patients and visitors are asked to ring the buzzer on the outside of the front door and screening questions will be asked via intercom before the patient/visitor can enter the building. Clinic doors will be unlocked at their usual time and staff will take their temperature and ask the series of questions as the patient/visitor enter the lobby.
- If you feel as if you have symptoms of the coronavirus and plan to be seen at the clinic or in the ER, please call us before your arrival at 620-653-2386. Calling ahead allows us to take the proper precautions necessary in order to avoid the potential spread of the virus to other patients or staff members. When you call, your call will be triaged and you will be asked a few questions. They will then direct you to the appropriate area of the hospital or clinic.
- There is criteria that has been put into place in order to be tested for the coronavirus, but we do not set this criteria. Criteria is set by the KDHE and CDC, therefore you may or may not be tested for the virus depending upon your symptoms, travel history, and other conditions. If you develop symptoms, please contact your primary care provider for further direction.
- KDHE has released guidelines mandating anyone who has traveled internationally, has taken a cruise or river cruise, has traveled to California, Florida, New York, Washington State, on or after March 15th or has traveled to the following counties in Colorado: Summit, Pitkin, Gunnison, and Eagle Counties the week prior to March 15th or after, to self-quarantine in their homes for 14 days. If during those 14 days you develop symptoms of COVID-19, please call your primary care provider on further direction on how to continue your isolation and prevent others from contracting the virus.
- We encourage you to continue practicing good hand hygiene and social distancing to help prevent the spread of this virus. This includes social distancing in our lobby areas. Please ensure there are at least 2 chairs between you other patients and/or visitors sitting in the lobby.
- As your local community healthcare facility, we are following the recommendations set forth by the American College of Surgeons, the CDC, and KDHE recommending we halt all elective surgeries at this time. We are doing this in the best interest of our patients in order to avoid potential exposure to the COVID-19 virus. Emergency surgeries will still be performed as needed. Although there are currently no cases in the county, we are following these precautionary measures to protect the health and wellbeing of our patients.
- We are working to implement telehealth options for our clinics in order to continue to care for our patients during this time, while helping to reduce their risk of exposure. We will keep you updated as these options become available!
- There will be no outreach clinic visits at any of our clinic locations through the end of April. Please contact your outreach provider if you have questions regarding your appointment.
- Clara’s Corner Café is available for carry-out only. Please call 620-653-5055 to place your order. Please call 620-653-5055 upon your arrival to the café door and orders will be delivered to your vehicle.
Although these steps may seem excessive, please remember we are treading uncharted waters and are taking these precautionary measures to ensure your safety, the safety of other patients, and the safety of our staff. We so very much appreciate your help in keeping our community safe. Together, we will get through this!
Please know we are fully prepared to care for you in the event you or a loved one are diagnosed with the virus and are doing our very best to help prevent the spread of this virus throughout our communities. As always, we are here for you when you need us most!
For more information on the coronavirus, please visit our website at https://www.clarabartonhospital.com/coronavirus-information, the KDHE website at http://www.kdheks.gov/coronavirus/, or call the Barton County Coronavirus Hotline at 620-796-5609.